● A GAMA circle is 5-8 people who share a passion for financial services, and help each other learn how to do it better.
● The GAMA Circles Accelerator is a hands-on, highly-interactive course where a live instructor leads groups through the foundations for GAMA Circles participants to tap the power of peer learning.
● The GAMA Circles Accelerator is for any HQ or field staff in the financial services industry who have the desire to learn and grow with a group of your peers.
● The Accelerator serves as an orientation to GAMA Circles. During the accelerator you will learn how to use the video meeting room and learn basic principles of running successful study groups.
● In monthly meetings in the one-of-a-kind Circles Meeting Room, participants experience a facilitated agenda of protocols and sharing rounds focused on deep, curious engagement on challenges related to being a professional in the financial services industry. Through proven peer learning GAMA Circles gamaweb.com/circles agendas, the group establishes a trustworthy environment for uncovering and implementing effective strategies for shared dilemmas.
● Why stop? GAMA Circles can be ongoing, tackling new obstacles as the industry evolves.
● Participants co-create policies around attendance, effectively practicing one of the key skills of professional development: having strong team norms.
● An initial wave of 17 GAMA coaches have gone through GAMA Circle Guide training. These experienced professionals have received training on both the platform, and in facilitating the learning agenda, adding to their valuable industry-related experience.
● All GAMA Circles are professionally facilitated by trained guides.
● We carefully take into account your interests and choice of facilitator when matching peers to the best of our ability.
● Your GAMA Accelerator and Study Group Guide has completed training sessions on facilitating your group, and maximizing your experience. We welcome any suggestions for additional members to be trained.
● Some preparation is required for each Accelerator session. Circle participants will collaborate on content areas and any outside reading related to those areas.
Can any of the study group meetings be in person?
● Yes! We encourage established study groups to continue their in-person meetings, and welcome our digital circles to meet up in person.
● You will be invited to name areas you would like to discuss, as well as consider those suggestions brought by your peers. Your trained Guide will also be invited to bring their expertise as a member of the group.
● Our one-of-a-kind video meeting room was purposely created to support powerful conversations. From timers to the ability to create agendas, and much more, the Circles meeting room is much more than a video platform.
● In order to use the Circles platform you will need access to a relatively new laptop or a desktop with a webcam, a headset, and the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
● Our program team will work with your IT department to work through any technology issues.
● Yes. Commitment is key.
● We don’t record sessions for privacy reasons. If you need to miss one we will help you attend a make up session that works with your schedule.
● Your GAMA Circle will meet monthly for 90 minutes, following an agenda that you will be trained on in the Accelerator, and adjusted as the group sees fit.
● We are developing a program to share ideas and best practices for GAMA Circles. We welcome your ideas for spreading best practices among GAMA Circles.
● Yes, after the GAMA Accelerator, you are able to request to join another group.
● To become oriented to online study groups, you will be invited to the GAMA Accelerator, a group that meets on a weekly basis for a month. After that your GAMA Circle will meet once a month.